When going away on holidays it is important to ensure your home is safe and secure from prying eyes and break-ins.
These few tips may help prevent your property from being targeted.
- Let your neighbour know if you’re taking a vacation so they can alert you or the local authorities or any suspicious behaviour.
- Investing in self-timing lights can also assist in keeping your home secure by giving the impression that the property is not empty at night.
- Invest in a home security or install an alarm system.
- Having WiFi security cameras give you access to view and record live video from your smartphone anywhere in the world.
- Security stickers also give the impression of added security. Many properties have warning security camera stickers to help give the preface of added security when in reality they don’t have any cameras.
- Dummy or fake security cameras cost a fraction of the price of a real security camera system but again give the illusion on having additional security. Criminal deterrence is a viable form of security and may help keep your property safe.
As most individuals are aware, common sense is important when it comes to your personal and home security. Not broadcasting you’re going away and ensuring your valuables are locked away inside a home safe again greatly helps.
Terry’s Locksmith and Security Solutions offers sales, installation and repairs of quality safes across the Gold Coast. Call (07) 5601 1825 or visit our showroom at 2 Prosper Cres, Burleigh Heads.